Tuesday

Not The Foggiest.

Derrick! How's it going me ol' tabernacle?

First up, the blog specifically for Final Major has gone. I got confused after a day of making it and already debated with myself on what to put and where (in regards to Isobella and Derrick) so another was pretty void of use. My titles for you dear Derrick are going to be taken from the last sentence spoken to me before I upload.

I've done a few jobs here and there whilst trying to get on with the 'main' projects:

I did a little calligraphy for a lingerie company via a request from Dan. I'm not entirely happy with the final result but it was done on a lunch break so can't expect much I guess.

I've done a bit more for pops in relation to his 'cretevillas4u.co.uk' website but I'm pretty much denying it's entire existence because it's so dull.

I do have a new mini-project underway designing a flyer for BA Fine Art Auction. Last one was confusing and a bit of an information overload so I want to cut everything back to to the bare essentials and take a light playful tone on what could stereotypically be quite stuffy.

Here's an initial draft I've uploaded:



I used the fonts:
-Quicksand in the weights 'Bold' and 'Dash' designed by Andrew Paglinawan.
-Bollard in the weight 'Fat' designed by Paul Huxen.

Go to Isobella for more information.

I've made a to-do book for every task I have to complete. It's filled up quite substantially because I'm putting non-academic things in as well as others but slowly and surely things are getting ticked. It's made me feel a lot more relaxed in that I will know every single thing I need to do by looking through it's pages.

As for ISTD? Well its faded out into a halted project. I'm probably more irrate and upset about this than any other idea/concept that's fell through because I really enjoyed my enthusiasm at the beginning of the project. It slowly became a fact though that I couldn't have the time and mental energy to do ISTD and what was previously i) my website project and now currently ii) my final project, to the level that I'd want to complete them at. I can foresee that if I rushed it, I wouldn't want to show it within a portfolio and rushing my final project simply is not an option. At all. I definitely want to do it when I have the time, even just as a great portfolio piece within a field I'm passionate about and will definitely do ISTD next year. No questions about it.

I've worked the type I was making (a pixel-style blackletter font based on Fette Fraktur) into my FMP, so that I can still use all my backwork with Sally Castle in a relevant project and will carry on with her workshops in March.

I haven't updated my website for a while purely because I was sick of the sight of it. With a portfolio review (even though I have no portfolio yet) tomorrow I should have a few more prints of project finals that I can photograph/document to what should (fingers crossed) be a standard I'm willing to put on my website. I was beaming with the marks I did get for it though however as I thought the rush-job sketchbook would've left me with a few holes but it can't have been as bad as I thought. In the summer I'm planning to sort out swapping my server to Linux so that I can host a blog myself, and re-designing quite a few parts of the website so that it can be more easily updated.

On the most prevalent note, I now have a totally different room for doing work which is already doing wonders for getting into that 'work-zone' mindset. It's gave my sleeping quarters space to be a relaxing cosy nest that I like it to be. Even though I had no reception, I've taken the TV out of my room too so that when I do want to play games or watch movies I do it in a social environment (the living room) rather than constantly beating up my sleeping pattern by 'relaxing' at 3am. From now on, to relax in my room, it'll be reading only. I'm using a notebook to write down any book I've read and any that I want to which much like the other one is filling up without many being ticked off but I'm not so worried about that for now.

So, off to conquer my to-do list Derrick. Speak to you soon.

No comments: